Understanding the Different PDB Metabolic Types
As a result of genetics and lifestyle, people come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There are three major categories in which people’s physical characteristics fall, in case you didn’t know. It’s possible you’ve even asked yourself, “What metabolic type am I?” We’ll go over the different types of metabolism and how they affect your weight loss and fitness goals in this guide.
Endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph are the three types of metabolism. The more you know about the different PDB metabolic types, the better equipped you are to train and eat in accordance with your own body type.
Benefits of Understanding the Different Types of Metabolism
Having a better understanding of the different types of metabolism and how they work can help you lose weight and stay healthy. It may be beneficial to follow a metabolic diet tailored to your specific body type. People’s metabolic types dictate their macronutrient requirements.
Just keep in mind that many people have a mixed type and, as a result, have a body that falls into more than one category. The traits and the advice that resonate the most with your body should be the focus of your attention.
How Do I Know My Metabolism Type?
It’s fascinating to learn about the different types of metabolism. These characteristics will help you figure out where you fit into the various categories.
Get the lowdown on each of the three metabolic body types, as well as fitness and diet advice to help you tailor your energy and life to match your specific type, in the following sections.
The Ectomorph Metabolic Body Type
It is common for ectomorphs to overeat without gaining much weight because of their small frame and fast metabolisms.
- Thin, lean body
- Flat chest
- Small shoulders
- Not muscular
- Fast metabolism
- Prone to periods of hyperactivity
- Hard to gain weight
Nutrition Advice For The Ectomorph Body Type
- Breakfast should always be a part of your daily diet. Try one of my favorite, simple, and nutritious breakfast recipes.
- All three macronutrients are utilized equally by your body. A Triple Macro Burner is another name for it.
- Make sure your post-workout meal contains a higher percentage of whole grains and complex carbohydrates.
- Eating six smaller meals throughout the day instead of three large ones will help you lose weight.
- Before and after your workouts, drink a protein shake like this Peanut Butter Cup Protein Smoothie for extra energy.
Fitness Advice For the Ectomorph Body Type
Focus on simple strength workouts three times a week that target all the major muscle groups if you haven’t already, and if you haven’t, make it a priority to do so.
Try some compound moves and heavier weights to see if you notice a difference in your performance. In order to get the best results, an ectomorph needs to put in the time and effort required to build muscle. If you’re consistent and lift weights, you’ll start to see your muscles develop.
Strength training and adequate protein intake are essential for ectomorph metabolic types who want to maintain a healthy weight while gaining muscle.
The Mesomorph Metabolic Body Type
As a general rule, mesomorphs are athletic, medium-built, and capable of gaining weight. Due to the fact that they are naturally athletic, they are prone to overeating, which they often do because they take it for granted.
- Medium-sized body structure
- Broad shoulders
- Gains muscle easily
- Responds well to exercise
- I have extra body fat and tend to carry it in the lower body
Nutrition Advice For The Mesomorph Body Type
- Make sure your carb intake is heavy on plants and high in fiber by focusing on a healthy mix of complex carbs, proteins, and fats. These low-carb zucchini recipes are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate.
- Sugar is a favorite of the human body. Avoid using white flour and sugar in your diet. Carbohydrate and protein intake may be higher if you are a Dual Macro Burner (DMB metabolic type).
- Every meal should include a high-quality protein source. Focus on foods that are low in fat.
- If you’re trying to lose weight, limit your intake of processed food. Switching to a higher protein, healthy carb diet helps many mesomorphs lose weight quickly.
Fitness Advice For the Mesomorph Body Type
Mesomorphs respond quickly to exercise, so your body will reap the benefits of any physical activity you engage in. The best results come from a weekly regimen that includes an equal amount of cardio and strength training.
Adding plyometric exercises to your fitness regimen will help you reach new heights in your training. Take a look at these moves:
- split jumps
- squat jacks
Don’t rest on your laurels because you’re naturally fit; instead, push yourself to your limits and reap the benefits!
It is recommended that anyone wishing to lose weight who has a mesomorph metabolic body type do a combination of strength training and cardio while also limiting their carbohydrate intake.
The Endomorph Metabolic Body Type
In this metabolic category, the arms and legs tend to be thicker while the body is rounder. Endomorphs may have a difficult time losing weight, but it isn’t impossible! Leg muscles are typically stronger than upper body muscles.
- Round body
- Medium to large joints + bones
- Gain muscle
- Gain weight and fat easily
- Strong leg muscles
- Find it hard to lose weight
- Fatigues easily
- Slow metabolism
Nutrition Advice For Endomorph Body Type
- Carbohydrates should be kept to a minimum, with the exception of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- To avoid overeating junk food, make sure you’re getting enough fiber in your diet each day.
- A Paleo-centric diet works wonders for many endomorphs when it comes to losing weight. Blood sugar levels can be improved by following a paleo diet.
- If you identify as a “Protein Dominant Burner,” your diet should emphasize high-quality protein sources and low carbohydrate intake.
- Healthy fats are a primary source of energy for people with PDB metabolic types, and they also help you feel full for longer periods of time.
- Be mindful of your fat intake when following a PDB metabolic diet, as fat has a higher caloric density per gram.
- Make sure to keep track of your calorie intake by using a food journal or a tracking app.
Workout Advice For Endomorph Body Type
Focus on weight loss through a combination of cardio and strength training. Workouts that incorporate intervals may prove to be one of your most valuable resources.
Switch to a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) class instead of a long, slow treadmill workout. It’s better for your heart and body than a slow, steady-state jog because you’ll be dripping with sweat and burning fat.
All the crunches in the world won’t produce a six-pack of abs if your muscles are covered by fat. This is because spot reduction of body fat is not possible. To begin with, focus on reducing overall body fat.
Deciding Which Metabolic Body Type You Are
Which of the following shapes and sizes did you recognize in yourself in the mirror? Your unique body type can be better understood if you know the different types of metabolism and how to work with them rather than against them.
In order to maximize your weight-loss potential, you should follow the advice in this article. No matter what size or shape we are born with, we are all naturally beautiful. Pay attention to your body and follow only the advice that feels right to you.
How to Use Your Metabolic Type for Weightloss
Using the metabolic body types can help you slim down if you’re trying to shed some pounds. Understanding your body type and what foods and activities will help you achieve your health and fitness goals is now easier.
- When it comes to weight training for the mesomorph, strength training will be a welcome addition. However, you’ll have to watch what you eat because your metabolism is also prone to fat accumulation. You’ll be able to make better daily food choices as a result of this newfound knowledge.
- Your body has a hard time converting carbohydrates if you’re an endomorph. You may have been missing out on a major piece of wisdom for years. Trying a low-carb or paleo diet for a few weeks may help you finally lose those hard-to-lose pounds.
- As an ectomorph, you may be perceived as the skinny friend who has it easy because you can maintain your slender figure regardless of the circumstances. Maintaining strength, however, requires effort. The more you know about your metabolic type, the better equipped you are to prioritize protein and keep your meal times consistent.
The categories of an ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph are just that: categories.
As a whole, our metabolic type is only a small piece of who we are. Enjoying your fitness journey and feeling good about your body are the most important things to keep in mind.