The nachos are made with thinly sliced and roasted sweet potatoes in the place of regular corn chips and loaded with black beans, cheese, mango, and avocado. If they sound delicious, it’s because they are!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small lime, sliced into wedges
- ¼ cup (60 mL) adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread in a thin layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Top with the cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sweet potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the sweet potatoes with the black beans, mango, radishes, avocado, and serrano pepper. Add a squeeze of lime, drizzle with the adobo sauce, and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt.
- Serve straight from the pan with extra lime slices on the side.
Next time you’re craving a snack and looking for a healthier alternative to nachos, give this recipe a try! Your tummy will thank you.