We’re always looking for ways to divulge in our favorite pleasures without the guilt. Case in point, brownies. Now, with this amazing recipe, you can!
Here’s everything you need to know about flourless gluten/dairy free sweet potato brownies!
What makes these brownies so healthy?
- Natural sweeteners: Consuming anything that contains natural sweeteners rather than artificial is tenfold better for your body.
- Sweet Potato: Naturally sweet and improves blood sugar regulation.
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits: The agent responsible for giving sweet potatoes their color, Anthocyanin, is full of anti-inflammatory health benefits – namely benefiting the brain and nerve tissue.
- Vitamins: Sweet potatoes are great for boosting your immune system as they’re loaded with vitamins A and C, as well as B6, B1, B2, and B3.
- Minerals: Sweet potatoes are full of manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber; all working together to keep your blood, digestion, and the whole body healthy.
What’re you waiting for? Let’s get to baking!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- A handful of carob chips
The Dirty Work
- Grease a small cake/loaf pan and preheat oven to 350ºF
- Melt nut butter with maple syrup in the oven
- Mix mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup, and cocoa powder in a large bowl
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- Let cool completely
- DIVE IN!
If you found this delicious recipe worth passing on, please share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!