If you’re looking for a quick, healthy meal that’ll leave your guests wanting more? Look no further than this DELICIOUS and guilt-free Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe!
- Serves 4
- Prep: 15 MINUTES
- Total Time: 20 MINUTES
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Combine honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl. Whisk.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, shake or stir
- Allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or to taste (up to 12 hours).
- Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place shrimp in the skillet. Discard used marinade.
- Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over.
- Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion.
- ENJOY with sides such as steamed veggies or brown rice!
If you found this recipe helpful, share the deliciousness with your friends and family by clicking the button below!
Don Patrick is an amateur writer and sports enthusiast. He loves reading books, listening to the Huberman Lab Podcast, and spending time with his family and friends. Don is also a personal trainer and youth hockey coach.