The versatility of bread makes it one of the most popular foods in the world. In fact, in the US alone, 320 million people reported having consumed bread in 2016.
In recent years, dietitians have cautioned that there is little nutritional value in bread, and that it is actually unhealthy for you. Here are a few reasons why:
- Bread contains a lot of gluten
- Bread is high in carbs and can spike blood sugar levels
- Bread is low in essential nutrients
Of all ingredients found in common bread recipes, white processed flour arguably has the most potential to cause harm. Here are 5 negative side effects of eating white flour:
- White flour creates obesity with blood sugar disorders
- White flour creates digestive issues
- White Flour can set off a wheat allergy
- White flour can cause inflammation and chronic disease
- White flour is Acidic
Don’t be too bummed bread lovers! Rather than cutting bread from your diet entirely, we suggest you give this FLOURLESS recipe a shot. It tastes great and contains only natural ingredients including B vitamins, fiber, and protein. What’s more, it is inexpensive and really easy to prepare!
DELICIOUS FLOURLESS BREAD RECIPE
- 4 eggs
- 90 grams of sesame seeds
- 90 grams of sunflower seeds
- 90 grams of walnuts
- 90 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 90 grams of flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 100 ml of water
- a pinch of salt
Method of preparation:
Whisk the egg whites with the salt, and add the water and the baking soda. All the seeds should be ground into fine powder (flour). Add them to the mixture and blend well. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 F. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this article, please share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!