If you’re looking for a sustainable, environmentally friendly crop to grow that requires little fertilizer or pesticides then hemp is your best option. The plant only takes 70 days from seedling until harvest and has powerful nutrient balancing abilities in addition. The fibers of this plant are perfect for situations where you need to use a lot of material – like toilet paper.
This wonder plant makes for a more sustainable and healthier alternative to traditional toilet paper. The fibers are odorless, resistant to mildew, fungi, and bacteria – ensuring that your skin stays healthy. The toilet paper made out of Hemp is soft, yet durable and can absorb four times its total weight.
5 Reasons Why Hemp Is Best For Toilet Paper:
1. In just one acre, it can grow to ten tons of hemp, which is even better than trees.
2. Not only does it not destroy forests as trees do, but Hemp replicates faster than trees and can be harvested in as little time. Trees take a long time to grow, but hemp can be harvested in just 70 days!
3. Compared to trees, hemp can produce four times as much cellulose fibers per acre.
4. Hemp toilet paper is cheaper to produce than regular toilet paper because it uses less energy and chemicals. Ordinary toilet paper needed harsh chemicals that break down fibers from trees. To make toilet paper, the cellulose part of the plant is needed. Hemp contains 85% cellulose while trees only have 30%.
5. It’s more biodegradable than any other tissue paper out there.
A recent study found that 35% of trees cut down are for paper demands. A quarter of all solid waste in landfill sites comes from pulp and paper mills. The average American uses 50 pounds of toilet paper per year, which means 20% of all toxic air waste coming from pulp and paper production, and one ton can pollute 76 liters of water.
How cool would it be if we all switched over to using hemp toilet paper? It is a much more environmentally friendly choice than any other type of toilet paper. Plus, who doesn’t want our planet saved for future generations? Sometimes it’s easy to make a difference in the world if you just choose your toilet paper wisely!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share”!