Often times we get caught up in the monotony of everyday life — going through the motions day in and day out, just to fulfill obligatory tasks in our calendar.
Whether it be working too much, chauffeuring kids, volunteering, or even nights out with friends, we’re all guilty of overcommitting. Spending our time and energy on everything other than ourselves.
We tend to think that we have to keep going every single day and we never take time to recharge our own batteries. We have been taught that it’s selfish to have “me time” and that we should always be socializing.
But, we were taught wrong.
It’s more than okay to take a step back, close the door, and spend time with yourself. To remember what it’s like to be in your own company.
It’s like meeting up with an old friend, having a great chat, and going back out into the world excited and ready to take on the day.
Here are 5 quotes that serve as reminders that it’s ok to take a break from life. Unplug… and get reacquainted with YOU.
1. We often forget that we deserve our own attention.
2. It’s okay to take a break from the world if it’s good for your health.
3. Sometimes we are our own best company.
4. Don’t keep going until there’s nothing left. Recharge and really give it your all.
5. Quit chasing fulfillment in people and things. Take a break. Get to know yourself. True happiness is found in the pleasure of your own company.
If you found this article helpful, please share with friends and family by clicking the button below!