The world in which we live is full of incredible things and phenomena of which we’ve yet to understand. Most of us have accepted that no matter how much we learn, we can’t possibly know everything. And that’s ok.
But, for those on a quest for knowledge, this amazing collection of facts will not only narrow the gap to “knowing everything”, but may also defy what you think you know.
Here are 13 facts that sound like lies, but are as true as the sky is blue.
- There’s an almost 100% probability that the glass from which you drink contains at least one molecule of water that once passed through the body of a dinosaur. (Fact)
- The hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backward. (Fact)
- The bacteria living in your body outnumber the cells of which they are composed by 10 times. (Fact)
- The fingerprints of a koala bear are indistinguishable from the fingerprints of a human, even when studied under an electron microscope. (Fact)
- The heart of a blue whale is so huge that a human child could easily swim through its arteries. (Fact)
- Human DNA is 50% similar to the DNA of a banana. (Fact)
- If you imagine that the Sun is a human cell, then, by size comparison, the Milky Way galaxy would be like the United States. (Fact)
- Theoretically, if you drill a shaft through the Earth and plunge into it, you will emerge on the other side in 42 minutes. That is if you complete your journey in one piece, which is unlikely. (Fact)
- Cleopatra lived closer to the time of the Moon landings than the time of the building of the pyramids. (Fact)
- It literally rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter. (Fact)
- 14 years before the maiden voyage of the Titanic, a novel was written about a ship of the same name sinking under similar circumstances. (Fact)
- If we were capable of hearing noises lower than 20Hz, we would be able to hear our own muscles contracting. (Fact)
- 99% of the energy used by a microwave is consumed in standby mode and not during heating. (Fact)
If you found these facts as amazing as we did, share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!