Zucchini helps you lose weight, promotes eye health, and is loaded with vitamins. Now, you can enjoy all of those benefits and satisfy your sweet tooth with this amazing Zucchini loaf with apple cider vinegar and maple syrup recipe!
Also called courgette, zucchini originates in America, grows year-round, and can vary in color from yellow, to a variety of greens. The small summer squash resembles a rigged cucumber and it loaded with seeds. Today, the largest zucchini producers include Japan, China, Romania, Italy, Turkey, Egypt, and Argentina.
Even though zucchini is a fruit, it is usually cooked as a vegetable because it is best when eaten in cooked dishes. Zucchini’s are picked when ripe when they’re under 8in/20cm in length and the seeds are soft and young. A fully developed zucchini is usually three feet long, but they are often too much fibrous and not good to eat. Young zucchini have a subtle taste, soft covering and buttery white flesh. They are available in their best form during May and July. Almost all the parts of zucchini are edible, including the flesh, seeds and even the skin.
Zucchini Health Benefits
Zucchini is extremely healthy for you. Here are just a few of the health benefits:
- If you’re trying to lose weight in a healthy way, it’s time for you to learn about the health benefits of Zucchini. Zucchini is well known to reduce weight, yet still boosting the nutrient value of your diet.
- Promotes eye health
- Prevents diseases commonly associated with vitamin C deficiency like scurvy, sclerosis, and easy bruising.
- Helps to cure asthma and has a high content of vitamin C, carbohydrates, protein and fibre.
- Zucchini contains significant quantities of potassium, folate, and vitamin A, all of which are important for general good health.
- Zucchini, when eaten regularly, can effectively lower your homocysteine levels.
Zucchini as a Healthy Baking Substitute
Many people already use zucchini as a part of a well-balanced dinner, but did you know that the trend of baking with zucchini is on the rise? Here are some benefits to using zucchini as a baking substitute:
- Adds moisture to recipes
- Adds veggies to your diet subconsciously
- Loaded with fibre
- Low in calories
- VERY filling
- Cheap gluten-free alternative
Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
This Chocolate Zucchini Loaf is delicious and makes for an amazing snack any time of the day!
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded then squeezed
- 1 Cup Chocolate hazelnut butter blend
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, hazelnut butter, and sea salt until smooth.
- Add ACV and baking soda, mix well!
- Add shredded zucchini
- Scoop into greased loaf pan, bake for 35-50 minutes (for one large loaf pan) or 24-28 minutes (for 2 small loaf pans). You’ll know the loaf is done when you prick with a toothpick and it comes out clean!
- Allow cooling
If you found this article helpful, please share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!