This Delicious 500-Calorie Chocolate Pudding Recipe Is Perfect For Summer
If you’re in need of a chocolate pick-me-up, but can’t afford the calories this close to summer, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
This delicious low-fat chocolate pudding is not only delicious, but amazingly comes in at under 500 calories!
Here’s what you need
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the milk and butter together in a medium-sized saucepan over a gentle heat until the butter has melted.
- Set aside 4 teaspoons of sugar and stir the rest into the pan until dissolved.
- Meanwhile, place the cocoa, cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and stir well to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the paste gradually into the saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Continue to whisk while you increase the heat to high and cook until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 small glasses and sprinkle a teaspoon of the reserved sugar over each one (this prevents a skin from forming).
- Leave to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours until set.
If you found this recipe to be as delicious as we do, share with friends and family by clicking the button below!