Scientists have recently confirmed the numerous health benefits offered by black pepper essential oil, including pain relief, body detoxification, elimination of excess uric acid, and help with cigarette cravings. This essential oil is extracted either through CO2 extraction or steam distillation and has a spicy, warm, peppery, and musky aroma. It is commonly used as a natural remedy nth re cases with digestive and nervous systems issues since it stimulates circulation and promotes emotional balance.
Black pepper has a unique versatility that’s both energizing and warming, and despite invigorating the senses, it also boosts mental clarity and is commonly used by athletes and those with active lifestyles due to its warming and energizing properties. It is also an important health food since it has powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial properties, and gastro-protective modules. With piperine, as an active ingredient, black pepper holds rich phytochemistry that involves volatile oils, oleoresins, and alkaloids.
Moreover, its main components are limonene, pinene, myrcene, Linalool, pinocarveol, alpha-termineol, phellandrene, beta-caryophyllene, beta-bisabolene, sabinene, camphene, and alpha-terpenene, and it is also a rich source of manganese, iron, potassium, calcium, beta-carotene, phosphorus, selenium, and vitamin K.
- Soothes muscle pain– Apply it topically on the affected area
- Improves Digestion- you can apply it topically on the abdominal area or take 1–2 drops of black pepper oil internally
- Lowers blood pressure– Add a few drops to a glass of water
- Eliminates uric acid– Apply 2-3 drops to the affected area to soothe arthritis, gout, and chronic rheumatism
- Body detox– Take 1-2 drops of this essential oil internally
- Reduces cigarette cravings– Drug and Alcohol Dependence published a study that showed that it reduces cigarette cravings and symptoms of anxiety in smokers trying to quit. You can simply inhale it or add a few drops of it to a glass of water.
- Relieves congestion– Apply a few drops of it to the chest
- Treats respiratory issues– Take it internally or inhale it directly from the bottle
Moreover, studies have shown that this potent essential oil is highly beneficial in the case of IBS, insulin resistance, anxiety and depression, high blood sugar, brain and liver diseases, and inflammation.