Choosing The Best Braces Colors
What are the best braces colors to chose? From blue and red to green, yellow purple, or pink there’s an endless variety of choices. But what are some good examples that won’t bring out the unfortunate features in one’s smile with these types of colors? There isn’t an official style guide for braces, but these suggestions can help you to narrow down your choices:
- Choose gold, dark blue, pink, orange, turquoise, green, or violet to complement darker skin tones.
- Choose light blue, bronze, dark purple, or subdued reds and pinks to complement lighter skin tones.
- Choose darker colors to make your teeth appear whiter.
- Watch out for lighter colors that could make your teeth look more yellow.
- Consider colors that complement or match your eyes.
- Think about colors that complement the color of clothing that you wear most often.
- Try your school colors or the colors of your favorite sports team.
- Opt for red, white, and blue for Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
- Feel festive during the holidays with red and green for Christmas or blue and pink around Easter.
- Glow-in-the-dark bands are fun for Halloween.
You may want to avoid these colors:
- Black (can look like your teeth are rotting or can look as though you have food stuck in your teeth).
- White (can make your teeth appear more yellow and white elastics tend to stain more easily).
- Yellow (tends to intensify the appearance of yellow-toned teeth).
- Green or brown (can be mistaken for food in your teeth).