Bananas may be the most underrated fruit on earth. But hopefully not for much longer!
Here are 11 reasons you should consume just two bananas a day…
1. Bananas contain many valuable nutrients including a fair amount of fiber, as well as several antioxidants. One medium-sized banana (118 grams) also contains:
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI.
- Vitamin B6: 33% of the RDI.
- Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDI.
- Copper: 10% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 14% of the RDI.
- Net carbs: 24 grams.
- Fiber: 3.1 grams.
- Protein: 1.3 grams.
- Fat: 0.4 grams.
Each banana contains only about 105 calories and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs. Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
This skin is high in natural sugars, fructose, and sucrose, various nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fibers, and provides amazing health benefits with regular consumption.
Bananas are the most commonly consumed fruits in the United States, even more than the number of consumed oranges and apples together.
2. Bananas Contain Nutrients That Moderate Blood Sugar Levels
Bananas contain nutrients that can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals. They may also reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
3. Bananas May Improve Digestive Health
Bananas are fairly rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed the friendly gut bacteria and help protect against colon cancer.
4. Bananas May Help With Weight Loss
Bananas may help with weight loss. They are low in calories, high in nutrients and fiber, and may have appetite-reducing effects.
5. Bananas May Support Heart Health
Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium, two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
6. Bananas Contain Powerful Antioxidants
Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower the risk of some diseases.
7. Bananas May Help You Feel More Full
Bananas contain high amounts of resistant starch or pectin, depending on ripeness. Both may reduce appetite and help keep you full.
8. Unripe Bananas May Improve Insulin Sensitivity
Unripe bananas are a good source of resistant starch, which may improve insulin sensitivity. However, more research is needed.
9. Bananas May Improve Kidney Health
Eating a banana several times a week may reduce the risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
10. Bananas May Have Benefits for Exercise
Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
11. Bananas Are Easy to Add to Your Diet
Not only are bananas incredibly healthy — they’re also one of the most convenient snack foods around.
If you aren’t eating bananas regularly, we hope you’ll consider after reading the 11 reasons above. If you found this helpful, please share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!