More than one in three American adults over 20 is obese — up from roughly one in four 20 years ago — and nearly 70% are overweight. And millions of other people are currently carrying more weight than they’d like this time of year, thanks to the annual holiday overeating ritual.
Many Americans experience not only health problems but also guilt and shame over these added pounds. And that’s why weight loss — an industry of diet companies, weight-loss supplement manufacturers, diet book authors and obesity doctors — is big business.
The bottom line: For many, our extra weight is a source of cash. And to get that cash, some companies are willing to stretch the truth of what their products will do.
Simply put – most OTC products and fad diets are useless, and losing weight requires a healthy balance of diet and exercise.
Void of a health issue, losing weight shouldn’t be that challenging.
The formula is simple: EAT LESS, MOVE MORE. That way your body will tap into stored body fat as energy (as opposed to the food you eat.)
For many of us, the problem with sticking to nutrition and fitness plans is that we usually don’t get immediate gratification for our efforts.
So – we’re offering you a healthy 3-day military diet that can help you lose 10 pounds, thus giving you almost immediate gratification and the motivation needed to stick to the diet!
*This diet is intended for women, but men are recommended to add an extra 100 calories a day in the form of protein.
3 DAY MILITARY DIET
- DAY 1
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 slice whole wheat or multigrain toast + 2 tablespoons of peanut butter *If you have a peanut allergy you can substitute it with almond butter, soy butter, sunflower seed butter, hummus, pumpkin butter, or bean dip.
- 1 cup of black coffee or caffeinated tea. *no sugar, cream, milk
- ½ cup of tuna
- 1 slice of toast (but no peanut butter this time)
- Water, black coffee or tea.
- 3 ounces of any type of meat
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1/2 banana
- 1 small apple and one cup of vanilla ice cream.
- DAY 2
- 1 slice of multigrain or whole wheat toast
- 1 whole egg
- ½ banana
- 1 cup of cottage cheese / 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 5 saltine crackers
- **Due to the low amount of food on this diet, it is not recommended to work out intensely during these days. Instead, go for a brisk 30 minute walk on a daily basis.
- 2 hot dogs (no buns)
- 1 cup of broccoli
- ½ cup of carrots
- ½ banana
- ½ cup of vanilla ice cream
- DAY 3
- 5 saltine crackers (can be replaced with rice cakes)
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese (can be replaced with ham, eggs, cabbage or soy cheese)
- 1 small apple.
- 1 cup black coffee or caffeinated tea
- 1 slice of whole wheat or multigrain toast
- 1 hard boiled egg (can be replaced with 1 cup of milk)
- 1 cup of tuna
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream.
- There is no snacking allowed on this diet. You need to eat these foods and these foods only.
- You can switch the foods around, so you can have dinner for breakfast and vice versa but you cannot add any additional foods in!
- NO ALCOHOL
So – what’re you waiting for? Report to duty!
Share the military diet with friends and family to take on the challenge together!